Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Painting

I waited a little long this year to look for a pumpkin for Isaac, so by the time I did go to get one, all the store had left were smaller ones. Which, turned out just the perfect size. To be safe, and to let Isaac in on the fun, I decided to let him finger paint the pumpkin instead of us carving a face into it. He really had a good time...

This was his first time using the finger paints, so it was a learning experience for him.


At one point, he looked at his hand and said, "Eeewww, dirty!" It didn't phase him long though, he went right back to decorating.

He had so much fun. All the colors turned out more brown and black combined on the pumpkin than they would on paper, but I think his pumpkin is a masterpiece.

Once I felt like the pumpkin couldn't look any better (or worse), I put it aside to dry and gave him a big sheet of paper to paint on. I started it off by painting a little Isaac in the top right corner. :)

He loved painting. I'll have to bring out the finger paints more often.

No comments: