Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day at the park with Grandma

We started the day off by going to see my Granny in her nursing home. She had a bad fall about a week ago, and it had been too long since I last saw her, so when mom said she was coming up too, I decided we would go. It was really great to see her, though she was miserable in pain from the fall.

Then we went to lunch with my mom. It blows my mind, sometimes, the options for child seating that restaurants offer. The booths in this particular restaurant were huge, and mom and I were sitting on the edge of the seat to reach the table, so a booster was not an option. I asked for a highchair (knowing Isaac is really getting too big for those, but what else was I going to do). Normally a highchair would work, but this place had slick floors, and wheels (with no locking mechanism) on the highchair! Once Isaac figured out he could push away from the table and slide backwards into the salad bar, he was hooked! Sounds like fun, I know, but mom and I had to lock our legs under the chair to prevent him from sliding back and hitting some unsuspecting stranger.

After lunch, and since it was such a pretty day, we decided to find a playground. It was pretty muddy, but this particular park had a good area of mulch around most of the playground equipment, so we stopped.

This is the smallest of the three slides on the jungle gym. Isaac tackled this one and the mid-sized one with no problem...

But this one is the tallest and windiest. He would get all the way up to it, and then turn around and say "Oh, no, no, no" and head back to one of the smaller slides! Haha! So I finally convinced him to slide down with me (which was a joke since these slides are not made for adults!). He still wouldn't go for another couple times, but finally decided it was okay. Once he did it by himself, he wasn't scared anymore. He was a pro then!

The numbers were one of his favorite things. On his way up to the slides, he'd stop and play with the numbers for a minute first.

On the teeter-totter with mommy.

He loves to swing, but gets a little scared if you push him too high. Get ready...set...GO!

LOVE these big smiles!

We didn't stay long since was so windy, but before we left Isaac managed to find a really wet, soggy mud puddle and stomp in it before mom or I could get to him! It was so cute! Grandma made sure he rode back home in my car though! :)

No comments: