Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First day of Preschool/PDO

Isaac started his first day of Preschool/PDO yesterday. He was so excited! I had to wake him up at 7am to make sure we had plenty of time to get ready. Once I told him it was finally the day he would get to go to school, he flew into action getting dressed and eating breakfast so we could go.


The first day was a bit unorganized since there were many parents bringing their kids back for another year, and some parents there for the first time learning the ropes. As soon as we walked in the doors to the church, Isaac's class was directly in front of us. He is in the Elephants class! He let me take off his backpack, and then he walked right into his class without looking back at me. My baby is so independent!

Dragging out all the toys first thing...

Making new friends already. He's definitely not shy!

This poor little girl was having a hard time letting her mom leave her here.

He'll play with anything!

I'll admit, I had a bit of a hard time leaving him in school. I did really well until I started driving back home. I looked in the back seat, saw his empty car seat and teared up a little. My baby is growing up. I know it's PDO, and it's only twice a week, but it was still a little hard to take.

When I went to pick him up, he didn't want to leave. He kept saying he wanted to play with the airplane. So I told him we have toys at home to play with, but he still was resistant. So then I told him we needed to go get his backpack. He shot out the door headed directly to his bin where his belongings are kept. He loves his backpack. I had to pry it off of him so he could sit in the car seat! He insisted on holding it in his lap, and actually put his arms in the holes backwards so he could hold on tight!

It is a tradition in my family that we get to go get ice cream after school on the first day. So, off to Braums for some Cookies and Cream!

So independent! He didn't want to sit next to me. He had to sit all the way down at the end of the bench.

All in all, I think he had a really great day. He loved school, made some new friends (although he couldn't remember their names), and got ice cream. A new phase in his life has officially begun. Let's do this!!!

No comments: