Friday, August 5, 2011

Sono's 6 & 7

We are so thankful, and relieved, that Piper suffered no ill effects from the 5th Disease. She was a trouper. Because she has done so well, and since each one of these sonograms has cost us $100 a pop, we have decided to skip the last one. While I'll miss getting to see her each week on that 12" black and white screen, it really won't be long until I get to see her every waking moment in living color, Lord willing. :)

She continues to stay on the above average growth curve, at about 85%, and is still measuring about a week early. We've just about got everything ready for her at the house. Once the last couple things are done, I'll be more relaxed, knowing we're ready for her when she's ready for us.

Isaac says he's ready for sister to come, but I don't think he knows what he's in for. Each time I go in Piper's room to hang more washed clothes, or put away more diapers, he goes in there with me and either reads her books or plays with the baby toys that used to be his. I can't wait to see how he reacts to having a baby in the house.

He's also super ready for school to start. His first day is Aug. 30. At some point every day, he comes up to me and says "you know what? I get to go to school tomorrow!" I've got the date marked on our wall calendar so we can count down the days. I think he's more excited about school starting than he is about his birthday coming up (just 4 weeks from today)!

No comments: