Friday, October 21, 2011

6 Weeks & Preschool updates

Piper is 6 weeks old now. She's filling out nicely. As of a few days ago, she weighed 10 lbs 10 oz, and is now 22" long. That's up 4 lbs and 2" in 6 weeks. She's starting to smile more often. I haven't caught one on camera yet, but I hope to soon. She's also finding her voice. Up until this week, she's done nothing but grunt and groan (mostly in response to those mean ol' gas pains). Now she's starting to "ah!" and "oh". And, she was born with two little bottom tooth buds, and I think those are going to start being an issue soon, as she's just today started drooling.

Isaac is learning lots of great things at school. He's got an incredible memory - much better than mine ever will be! This month he has learned the days of the week, the months of the year, 3 of the 10 commandments (in kids terms), and three nursery rhymes (Jack & Jill, Humpty Dumpty, and Little Miss Muffet). He's learned lots of new songs, too. Every once in a while, I'll hear him humming or singing them around the house. (I'm so glad he has a love for music like I do). :)

Isaac gets to go on a field trip with his school next week to a pumpkin patch out near Greenville (Kadee Farms), and then there's Halloween after that. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures (and I'll do my best to get them posted soon after).

No comments: