Friday, October 19, 2012

We've doubled in size!

Oh my gosh!  So much has happened since I last posted in APRIL!  I wanted to update the blog, but where do I start?  I guess I'll start in May...


Isaac graduated from his preschool in May.  He looked so cute in his cap and gown.  I bet he'll look just like this in 12 more years when he graduates High School!  :)

We also began thinking very hard about adopting our nephews, Anthony, Michael, Timothy and William.  It was in May that we began our part of the process.

In June we were pretty much just enjoying the summer.  I had decided that I would do some fun science projects with Isaac over the summer break.  We started with the bean sprout project.  I put four dry beans in a plastic bag with a wet paper towel.  It only took a few days for the sprouts to grow and get pretty tall inside the bag.  Isaac liked getting to wake up each morning and see what new had happened since the day before.

We did several other science projects over the summer, including one where you take Dawn soap on a Q-tip and dip it in a plate filled with colored milk.  The color "runs away" from the Dawn.  It was pretty fun to watch.  And one where you microwave a bar of Ivory soap.  It expands to make a huge cloud formation (due to all of the air that's whipped in it).  

Piper was steady "cruising" this whole time and I really thought she'd take the leap to walking any day.  It finally happened in August, just in time for her birthday.

August was a big month for this Hartin family.  We finally got full custody of our nephews in late August, after many emotional ups and downs.  They came to live with us on August 24, just a few days before school started for the year.  We frantically got them bunk beds and dressers, and enrolled in school.  It was a big change for all of us.  

The first week of September will be a big one for us from now on.  We have three birthdays in four days!  Isaac's on 9/3, Timothy's on 9/4 and Piper's on 9/7.  We took the kids to the lake for a campout over the Labor Day weekend and celebrated Isaac's and Timothy's birthday with some friends and family.  

I had to have a super girly birthday party for Piper since it was her first birthday.  Mom graciously allowed me to use her home, and I think the party was a success.  Piper loved her cake!


Piper is walking like a champ and talking up a storm now.  Her list of words includes: Hi, bye bye, Momma, Daddy, shoes, socks, PJ, baby, princess, horsy, apple, applesauce, bite, ooooo, whoa, and yummy.  And boy, is she a Daddy's girl!

Since September, our lives have been all about school meetings, Michael's football games, MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) meetings, homeschool for Isaac, and playing outside.  We are nothing less than busy, busy, busy.  People have asked if our house is noisy now that we have a house full of boys.  Yes, it is.  But it's a good noise.  There is LIFE in our house.  No one is bored.  No one has nothing to do.  There is always something going on.  Always someone to do it with.  And there is GOD in our house.  He has blessed us with the boys and with our own kids.  Yes, I may grey a little sooner than I would have with just two kids (ha!) but I'm hoping they will keep me young at heart.  :)

My mom took me and all the kids to Yesterland Farm in Canton last weekend.  Here's the first picture taken of all six of my kids...


Now isn't that the best looking bunch of kiddos you've ever seen!

No comments: